Re: [science-iwg] Eclipse vs. Netbeans and IntelliJ

Jay - I agree, it also read as suspicious to me.

Including the economic argument in the first section rang warning bells:
"it doesn't take much of a productivity boost to give you a quick ROI
on a $500/year business IDEA subscription"

Intellij IDEA also got more screen space (the three apps got roughly 3
then 2 then 1 screen-fulls respectively), and the IDEA review clearly
focuses on the positives, unlike the others.

I welcome the debate/consideration/comparison of IDEs - it's useful
for new developers.

My perspective?  I'm building my application on the Eclipse RCP stack
- it makes clear sense to "dog-food" the stack by also using it as an
IDE.

No brainer :-)

Ian

On 27 January 2017 at 03:42, Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Don't worry - the author is just providing "alternative facts!" ;) It's popular these days - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts
>
> Joking aside, I get the feeling that the article was sponsored, especially since it was also running ads for JetBrains.
>
> Jay

Back to the top