Re: [science-iwg] Big ol' list of LGPL projects

Paul,

I don't think there is anything you need to do. We use MOOSE extensively on my team and have a large amount of support for it in Eclipse ICE. It is on this list as an example of a prerequisite with a LGPL license.

Official Eclipse projects are not allowed to use projects with LGPL licenses as dependencies/prerequisites unless they get special permission from the Eclipse Foundation board. The Science Working Group has been working to change that by making the case that so many science projects have LGPL licenses that we can't ignore them.

I put MOOSE on the list because I think there may be some projects at ORNL that could be brought to the Foundation if we had approval to use it.

Jay