[science-iwg] Eclipse vs. GitHub Code Hosting

Hi folks,

my experience is, that contributors have several problems using Gerrit correctly (me too at the beginning). I saw that a lot of Eclipse projects are hosting their code at GitHub. Furthermore, I would like to integrate ChemClipse into a continuous build system, based on Maven/Tycho. Hence, I have the following questions?

* Which experience do you have using pull requests? Is it easier than Gerrit?
* How do you ensure that people have signed the Eclipse CLA?
* Does anyone use Travis CI to build the code?
* If yes, does Travis CI support Maven/Tycho? I read, that Maven is supported, hence I assume Tycho works as well.
* How do you sign the plugins?
* Which ticket/bug tracker do you use when hosting the code at GitHub (Bugzilla, GitHub Issues)? * I also saw that Eclipse promotes Tuleap now. Will it work together with code hosted on GitHub?

I know, tons of questions. It would be great to get some feedback so that I can make a good decision which way to go with ChemClipse.

Thanks in advance!
Philip

--
OpenChrom - the open source alternative for chromatography / mass spectrometry

Back to the top