Re: [science-iwg] Deep Learning

Hi all,

The Apache Spark and MLlib communicates with Python + numpy using the py4j https://www.py4j.org/ library. We are in the progress of using/adopting that for Eclipse EASE for Python <-> Java interoperability. At the moment the active development is to extend py4j to support high performance exchange of data, have a look and weigh in if you have relevant use cases: https://github.com/bartdag/py4j/issues/237

Going forward, integrating the Eclipse January project (which among other things) provides Java implementation of a numpy like library is in the works.https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.january

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.