[science-iwg] New strand for software DOIs, archiving and acknowledgement?

Hi all,

You may remember that we have been discussing DOIs, archiving,
acknowledgement etc. for code and software of Science and LocationTech
projects:
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/science-iwg/msg00968.html
- https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/science-iwg/msg01794.html
- https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/science-iwg/msg00806.html

Today I noted that something is moving towards this direction named
"Software Heritage" with the Eclipse Foundation being involved as a
supporter:
- https://twitter.com/EclipseFdn/status/748545767120330752
- https://www.softwareheritage.org/2015/01/18/eclipse-foundation/

It's the first time I've heard about this initiative and that the
Eclipse Foundation is supporting it. I'd be happy if someone could
provide or point to a few more details about what is planned
especially for the Science and LocationTech WGs.

Looking forward to receiving fresh insights.

Many thanks,
Martin

Back to the top