Re: [science-iwg] About java-python integration

In my case (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvY3V9Ujoa0) I enabled two ways of java-python integration.

One is via Jython. However, in this solution it would be hard to use numpy, etc.

Second one is running a separate python process from Java and establish bidirectional communication using thrift (https://thrift.apache.org/). I used on the python side thriftpy library (https://thriftpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/). However, you are limited to predefined data types. In some situations, I had to do objects serialization to binary type and restore them on the second side.

Best,
Marek

Hi Michele,

you may have a look at this slides: