[science-iwg] Lab automation tooling

Hi,

while you know that I am doing scripting a lot, most scripts in our company need to communicate with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, power source units, waveform generators, ...). We are doing this using VISA, IVI and typically National Instruments drivers. We are accessing all this stuff from EASE scripts, using a self written intermediate layer in C# to access hardware busses like GPIB. I am wondering how the other science group members do this as I guess some of you will have similar requirements. Are you all building your own stuff or is there a common approach available already?

cheers
Christian

Back to the top