Re: [science-iwg] Top Level Project update

Nope, not a clue. Something about using LGPL on ourselves and getting a GPL infection. Is that an STD or something? ;-)

Joking aside, I'm also in the "No GPL" camp. However, waxing philosophical for a second if I may, it does bring up an interesting computational science question about dealing with "mainstay" codes like FFTW that have a GPL license. That's not a code that could be simply reinvented, and it powers a large portion of computational science. Again, just pondering.

Jay

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Torkild Ulvøy Resheim <torkildr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 20. apr. 2016 kl. 21.52 skrev Torkild Ulvøy Resheim <torkildr@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> I’m quite certain we will only be able to use ourselves to LGPL or equivalent licenses (if that) as GPL is quite infectious[1].
I think I’m senior enough to get a secretary to do grammar checks etc., but I’m not having any hopes. I think you got what I meant. Sorry.

Torkild