Re: [science-iwg] Facebook Open Academy for Winter 2016

Everyone,

At Ian's request, I expanded this a bit.

I am currently working with three students at Purdue University, all of which are upper level computer scientists. They are helping me to refactor some very old code in the Eclipse ICE UI to make it more extensible. I am dictating the architecture and writing a little code and they are taking it from there.

They average all together three to five pull requests a week of about three to five hundred lines each. They are using Bugzilla, Github, etc. and doing all of their development in ICE too. I visited them for a couple of days at the end of summer and I spend one hour a week with them in a Google Hangout and a couple of hours helping with their code through pull requests and tickets.

I'm looking forward to working with this program more in the future. The students have been awesome and ICE has gained a lot from it.

Jay