I guess there is merit in using the "numerical" term - it seems to have been effective for NumPy.

Regards,
Ian

On 6 November 2015 at 13:43, <Peter.Chang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I think we are open to any and all suggestions for the project name!

Peter

From: science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tracy Miranda
Sent: 06 November 2015 13:41
To: Science Industry Working Group

Subject: Re: [science-iwg] Data Structures Project Proposal

Yes, I think that nicely illustrates the problem with the word 'data' - too overloaded.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 12:55 PM, <Matt.Gerring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Mike,

I did have a quick look. My understanding is that Peter’s work is more for nD numerical arrays than eclipse-collections appears to be. It seems to be more a ‘richer java collections’.

Best Regards,

Matt