From: science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Christopher Brooks [cxh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 July 2015 19:46
To: Science Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [science-iwg] Gap analysis of JAI and ImageJ?

I have no formal gap analysis, but below are some data points:

JAI seems stagnant, it was moved over to java.net, but I have not seen much activity.

ImageJ is active.

Ptolemy has JAI actors: http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII10.0/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/actor/lib/jai/package-summary.html

Kepler has ImageJ actors.

Recently, we started looking at an image processing library: http://www.jhlabs.com/ip/

One issue is that JAI did not have obvious support for blurring or motion capture.

_Christopher