Re: [science-iwg] [location-iwg] DOIs for scientific software

Hi Amos,

I've nothing to add. Just two comments regarding the DOI.

If the Eclipse Foundation is minting a DOI then it's possible to construct the DOI following own rules - means: your suggestion using a  cryptographic hash / checksum from the repository in the DOI should work.

Using the DOI in a URL that refers / resolves to a landing page finally can be used to land either on a specific page set-up for this purposes or on the respective revision page of the repository that uses the .md file to contain information normally found on landing pages - means: your solution should work here, too. However, the implementation of the landing page is something that has to be discussed since it should fit into existing systems and processes in the Eclipse WGs.

Best,
Martin