Re: [science-iwg] Fwd: ICE EASE Jython integration picture

Positive stuff! J

From: science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:science-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jonah Graham
Sent: 30 June 2015 23:09
To: Science Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [science-iwg] Fwd: ICE EASE Jython integration picture

Jay,

The Py4J developer is Barthelemy Dagenais -  Jonah recently worked contributed some features to Py4J based on work on autocompletion for DAWNSci. He was very good to work with just very very busy so took a while before he could review the feature.

While Py4J is very good for some things, it still does not cover all of DAWNSci requirements, hence the need for custom written AnalysisRPC. The talk we just did at Eclipsecon talk (slides here: https://speakerdeck.com/tracymiranda/integrating-python-and-java-in-eclipse) discussed the various technologies used.

In summary, lots of different technologies that could stand to work better together and be more accessible. I think EASE might be a good place to unify them - it's good to hear that there is already some work done towards non-JVM based languages.

Tracy

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.