[science-iwg] Neutron reflectivity calculations in ICE

Everyone,

I wanted to share some plots with you from a neutron reflectivity calculation made in Eclipse ICE.

Every now and again we get to work with people who want us to rewrite their simulation code entirely. In this case we are rewriting some VB macros in Excel into Java. The screenshots attached show results for a fictional five layer material. For most of the calculation we match the original results to a relative error less than 1e-4, but we differ significantly on the edges of the domain at about 3%. That is really good agreement between such different languages.

The plots were made in ICE's CSV plotter, which use SWT XY graph.

The tool should be complete in master in a couple of months at which point users will get to assemble their materials, manipulate a materials database and run the calculations. We're also exploring a "developer" mode for more intrepid sorts.

Enjoy!

Jay