Re: [science-iwg] Science Top Level Project

On 07/04/2015 3:25 PM, Jay Jay Billings wrote:
We decided that probably the best time to propose the top level project is when we have four or five active projects, so we are not quite there yet. We expect that we won't be far off by the end of Q2 2015. There are many other issues than simply "project count" related to this though and those are the things that we should start discussing.

So, any thoughts?

FWIW, I would recommend thinking about a different criteria. Namely, that you think about project maturity rather than the sheer number of projects. In our experience, starting a PMC where none of the participants have gone through the full project release process does not work all that well. So instead of "four or five active projects", maybe think about "two or three mature projects".

Just my $0.02 worth...

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx