[science-iwg] Science Top Level Project

Everyone,

One of the things that we discussed in our steering committee meeting at EclipseCon 2015 was the possibility of creating a top-level Science project in the Foundation. We are still working on the minutes from that meeting, but I wanted to go ahead and get people thinking about and discussing this.

We decided that probably the best time to propose the top level project is when we have four or five active projects, so we are not quite there yet. We expect that we won't be far off by the end of Q2 2015. There are many other issues than simply "project count" related to this though and those are the things that we should start discussing.

So, any thoughts?

Apologies for jumping the gun on the meeting minutes, but I had a few minutes to do real work and this is what floated up in my mind.

Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory