Re: [science-iwg] New visualization project idea

Hi Jay,

I like the idea.

Having a standardized way to display 3d models in RCP would be a great step forward. Especially as I think that a rich client and/or server solution still offers benefits over a webbrowser when rendering heavy load 3d models.

Other projects/companies are maybe also interested, as we recently had a discussion with Martin Pernollet and others:

http://jzy3d.org
http://jogamp.org/jogl/www
http://www.comsol.com

Licesing issues are another problem maybe :-).

Best,
Philip