Re: [science-iwg] Getting started DAWNSci

Hi Alain,

Good news, we would support your endeavours where we can. Reusing the function fitting tool sounds interesting. One of the developers, Michael Wharmby, is currently putting in an OSGi service for function processing behind the tool. As you probably know, the tool was created by Kichwa Coders.

If using an e4 target, you would need to use the compatibility layer. We have not tried this yet, actually we hired Wim Jongman from the nebular project to help us with this later this month.

For your demo, I would suggest making a temporary product with all of DAWN in it. This was done by ISIS developers recently. Because eclipse runs using OSGi, having all the plugins on disk does not impact performance of the demo. We could then work together to isolate features as you require.

Currently there are features in DAWNSci to not include Passerelle, this is how GDA reuse DAWN, it just uses the plotting. Might be worth getting a developer workspace of the vanilla code base, instructions here:

http://www.dawnsci.org/documentation/quickstart I can then explain which feature to use.

In DAWN 1.9 we plan to make some changes to DExplore...

Sincerely,

Matt

PS You can email the developers directly by registering here:

https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DAWN-DEV