Re: [science-iwg] Key outcomes from today's meeting

How about a "representative meritocracy"?

I understand Mike's concerns and I think too, that we should take care to stay in an operable mode. Contrary to that, there's also a personal contact between industry, research facilities and universities/students most commonly. Hence, my proposal is the following:

* Participating and Steering Committee Members have voting rights as mentioned before * Participating Member requirements should be extended to include also "Associate Members in good standing" * Guest Members have no direct voting rights, but they can elect one representative from the steering committee on a yearly basis

Universities could become Asscociate Members without paying fees, as far as I know. A regularly participating in the working group meetings is obligatory for the voting process. In all other cases, three members of the steering committee stand for election by the guest members each year. The highest voted member has then the obligation to have an open ear for the needs of all guest members and to representate them in the votings.

Would that be a solution everybody can live with or is it crap?

Best,
Philip