Re: [science-iwg] Key outcomes from today's meeting

Ola, Everyone

The draft proposes the following for such cases:

The University would become an Associate Member of the Eclipse Foundation, and be invited by the Steering Committee (SC) to be a Guest member for the Science Group.

The 1 year term (rather than permanent) is an opportunity for the SC to evaluate if that member is still active with the group. Active members don't need to rejoin, the SC renews them.

I think it's fair to say people were comfortable with this so far.

At issue is whether a Guest member has the same voting rights as a Participating member.

Andrew