Re: [rt-pmc] Project lead election failed - need help

On Jan 26, 2017, at 12:58 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 26 Jan 2017, at 05:51, Michael Keith <MICHAEL.KEITH@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
He was nominated as the Gemini Blueprint subproject lead, not the Gemini project lead.
Gunnar, you certainly remember that there are 6 subprojects of Gemini (3 of which have been at least *partially* active) and Gemini Blueprint is just one of them, right?

Just to confirm - I'm not sure where this confusion is coming from - Olaf was installed at as the Gemini Blueprint project lead.

The confusion is coming from the fact that you keep calling it the Gemini project, which it isn’t. As I mentioned above, Gemini Blueprint is NOT the Gemini project.

Don’t get me wrong, I am happy if he is willing to be the parent project lead, but I would have found it strange if the PMC were to suddenly appoint him the parent project lead without a) sending an email to the community or the forum b) contacting the current lead first.

FWIW, this mailing list is open. As such, any PMC communication and activity is transparent to the public by definition. Additionally, each project lead should be subscribed to this list and monitor as well as participate in PMC activities.

In this particular case, the leadership transfer has been initiated by the former project lead and communicated to the project mailing list long time ago. Unfortunately, no one of the project team was either interested in engaging in any conversation or voting. But it head been communicated on the project mailing list already.

Yes, and I saw it all that. The problem is that you keep calling it by the wrong project name.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/