Re: [rt-pmc] Runtime platforms on the eclipse download page

On 6/23/2016 12:18 PM, Christian Campo wrote:

I dont agree with Scott that often, but I do in this case 100% actually. :-)

I get to hear that Riena is based on RCP and therefore its container is Equinox. How is that not true for RAP, ECF and many other runtime projects and still they get mentioned.

I just want to be clear that:

a) ECF is not currently mentioned on the new download page (although RAP was last I looked)
b) ECF remote services is not dependent on Equinox specifically, rather it will work on other framework implementations as well...e.g. Concierge, Felix, or even Java-only/Apache Connect) but is rather based upon OSGi RS/RSA specs which is what allows that portability.  I happen to believe that standards/spec impls should have some consideration in the selection/presentation criteria as that is something that's been relevant for reviews.

But strangely enough, I agree with nearly everything else Christian said.

Scott

Back to the top