Von: rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <rt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> im Auftrag von Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2016 20:41
An: rt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [rt-pmc] Runtime platforms on the eclipse download page

On 6/23/2016 11:28 AM, Jesse McConnell wrote:

Depends on the purpose in the end....discovery of eclipse projects, or discovery of osgi technologies.

I don't think I'm fully understanding what you are saying but with that caveat I would add:     these are all Eclipse runtime projects we are talking about, and many of those project represent osgi technologies (for obvious historical, technical, and other reasons).

Whether they are osgi technologies or not, many projects need discovery and promotion...and don't get enough of it (IMO).

FWIW, I would argue against selection criteria that was based upon whether a project was osgi tech or not.   The project I represent is an osgi tech project (ECF), but I would not be comfortable with that as selection criteria.

Scott