|[rt-pmc] Runtime platforms on the eclipse download page|
A runtime project will be included on the download page based on the following:
1) Project includes a runtime container for running applications.
4) Project is following the EDP, including Eclipse IP processes
5) Project has a download page that only includes links to Eclipse technology
6) The project PMC supports and verifies the project meets the criteria for inclusion the eclipse.org/downloads page.
Two other projects have been under consideration:
- ECF has requested to be added to the page. It was not added initially since I thought it was based on an OSGi container. Scott has pointed out this is not correct. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=493809#c83
- Vert.x was removed since they don’t have a download page that only includes Eclipse technology that has gone through the IP process.
I have two requests for the RT-PMC to consider:
1) Can you confirm the 4 projects on the current download page conform to the criteria. My belief this is true.
2) Can you confirm your agreement that ECF should be added.
FWIW, for ongoing new requests I would like to follow this same process.