[rt-pmc] FW: Eclipse RT PMC Meeting Minutes

Forwarding again as I was bounced the first time

From: Jeff McAffer [mailto:jeff@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:56 PM
To: rt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: Eclipse RT PMC Meeting Minutes

Forwarding for public record…

Jeff

From: Ian Skerrett [mailto:ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:16 PM
To: 'Jeff McAffer'; 'Jochen Krause'; 'Doug Clarke'; 'Ricco Deutscher'
Cc: 'Christopher Aniszczyk'; Christian.Campo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Eclipse RT PMC Meeting Minutes

Here are my brief meeting minutes from our meeting today.  I actually couldn’t find a PMC mailing list, so I will send it to everyone.   Should someone volunteer to get a mailing list setup?

Attendees:

Jochen Krause

Jeff McAffer

Christian Campo

Doug Clarke

Ian Skerrett

Chris  Aniszczyk

Regrets  (mostly since we were sitting in Dennys in Ottawa)

Ricco Deutscher

Thomas Watson

  1. Eclipse RT web site
    1. Ricco will have someone from Sopera to work on this.  Keep it simple with references to the subprojects and Equinox Portal

  1. Jeff will update the Eclipse RT project.xml file

  1. Equinox Logo
    1. Finalize the Equinox logo; PMC members will provide feedback on the bug.
    2. Sopera will help finalize the logo
    3. We won’t do an Eclipse RT logo

  1. Project moving
    1. Riena has moved
    2. Swordfish will move soon
    3. Other projects will move after Ganymede but before end of July

  1. Scalability Showcase
    1. Jochen is working on a scability showcase, using Amazon e3, to show how Equinox and RAP can scale.  It was discussed we should try to turn this into a paper that we can use to answer the question ‘can equinox scale’

  1. EPP Download Wizard
    1. We want to showcase Eclipse runtime technology via the eclipse.org download page.  There is a proposal coming to have an EPP download wizard that is based on RAP.

  1. Key features that we will highlight in the Ganymede Press activities
    1. P2 allows for easy deployment for runtime
    2. Equinox security – secured storage, trust management, jass integration
    3. RAP – easier styles via css, better web user ui, easeir to nmove between RCP and RIA
    4. ECF – included in the platform – file transport

  1. Community
    1. We should look at starting an Equinox working group that focuses on having the ISV community embrace and promote Equinox

  1. Events to target Equinox content
    1. Javapolis
    2. JaxW
    3. QCon

  1. Equinox Summit 2008
    1. We will try to organize a 2-day Equinox Summit at ESE 2008.  This will focus the project and committer community but be open to anyone.

  1. Promote Equinox via the EPP Packages
    1. We will try to add a promotion to the welcome screen that points people to the Equinox portal and encourages them to learn about Equinox.

  1. Next PMC Meeting
    1. Wednesday, July 9

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing