[recommenders-dev] [Jayes] Any Suggestions to Solve Heap Space Problem

Hi Everyone,

First I would like to say that I really appreciate the work and effort on "Jayes".

I have been working on Bayesian Networks for a while and among most of the Bayesian Network libraries, Jayes is one of the best. However, I am working on a project that includes a lot of nodes and on occasions I might have some nodes with more the 10 parent nodes, with makes 2^n+1 size of a node probabilistic table (n = number of parent nodes). Therefore, it is quite usual to encounter "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" errors sometimes.

I was wondering if there are any suggestions that you might give to overcome this problem.

So far, I have tried to configure my eclipse.ini file, by modifying -Xms, -Xmx and XX:MaxPermSize

But it seems that it is not effected by any changes that I have made on eclipse.ini. Furthermore, I have also tried to use the parameter through "Run Configurations". However, that trial has also let me down as well.

Please let me know if anything is unclear.

Thanks in advance,

Ekin

Back to the top