[recommenders-dev] Call for Testing

Hi,

The Eclipse Mars release is just around the corner. Today will be the release of Release Candidate 3.
We have made some important bug fixes to Code Recommenders that we didn't manage contribute to RC 3 in time.
That's why we ask you to thoroughly test the newest version which you can get from our milestones update site [1].

If you can, please have a special focus on these areas:

1. Proposal matching with generics. We have changed the way recommendation proposals are generated. Have a look if there are proposals missing/not recommended when using generics.

2. Test how Recommenders behaves during the first code completion after an Eclipse restart. In particular, after the initial setup phase has been done once ("Code Recommender is enabled", models have been downloaded), recommendations should be made the second time you trigger code completion at the latest.

3. Subwords: See if you find inconsistent or unexpected behavior with Subwords, especially when your completion prefix matches a proposal completely. Also, test that HTML tags are recommended at sensible positions when completing in Javadoc blocks.

Thank you
Johannes

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/milestones/
--