Re: [recommenders-dev] Regarding Git

Hi,

> I am having doubts on how to update changes to a patch on git, please
> someone could guide me through it or provide me with some manual as to
> how to proceed

I assume you mean updating a change you previously pushed to Gerrit:

1. Visit the Gerrit change in question (in your case [1]).
2. Copy & paste the Download / Checkout command line. In your case

  git fetch
ssh://asewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders
refs/changes/61/38261/10 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

3. Make changes.
4. Add changed files:

  git add ...

5. Amend the previous commit, making sure that the Change-Id in the
message header is the same (if missing, copy from Gerrit page, e.g., [1]):

  git commit --amend

6. git push HEAD origin:refs/for/master
7. If you are happy with your change, give it a review of +1 in Gerrit.
Others will then know that you think the code is worth looking at for a
review.

Hope that helps (and that I understood your question correctly).

Andreas

[1] <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/38261/>

--
Codetrails GmbH