Re: [recommenders-dev] Argument Completion for Eclipse SWT

Hi,

I've just taken this out for a spin.

According to your mail, this should suggest method arguments, not only constructor arguments. I haven't gotten any method argument proposals though. Constructors work fine.

Is this a bug or not yet implemented?

Johannes

Marcel Bruch schrieb:
Hi recommenders-dev,

in the last days, I’ve worked on a new code completion engine that completes method and constructor arguments. For instance when completing statements like new Text(composite, |<>) , this content assist now proposes a set of likely fields (SWT.BORDER, SWT.MULTI), string literals and booleans. Please look at [1] for a demo video.

I’m looking for your feedback and error reports (especially for Windows). So, if you are working with SWT classes at the moment, please give this engine a spin and report back what you think about it.

Daniel are you on this mailing list already? Since you are getting warm with SWT, I think this may also be a great tool for you.

So, please give it a shot. The code is currently hosted at codetrails [2] as experimental feature. See the screenshot below for details.

Thanks,
Marcel

Johannes Dorn

Codetrails GmbH