Stefan.

From: Andreas Sewe
Sent: â€ŽThursday‎, ‎May‎ ‎15‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎50‎ ‎PM
To: recommenders-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Stefan,

> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> I figured out that it had to do with the java version of
> org.eclipse.jdt.annotation pulg-in.
>
> The problem is that I cannot track it down.
>
> From what I see in the IDE, XText brings in this dependency ( at least
> for the o.e.r.templates project) . But the version is 1.1.0 and not
> 2.0+. This is the only version of o.e.jdt.annotation that appears in the
> dependency tree-hierarchy.
>
> I’ve also noticed that Xtext no longer re-exports the o.e.jdt.annotation
> plug-in. [1]
> Maybe it has something to do with this?
>
> What seemed to do the trick was to change the repositor in the
> luna.target file to from <http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna>
> to  <http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler>, but this is not a
> solution, and I don’t think we want to do this.

Please have a look at this change: <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/26639/>

I think that does the trick for now. Not pretty, but as Tycho always
picks the latest possible version of a dependency and Xtext does not
place a restriction on the optional(!) org.eclipse.jdt.annotation, that
is the best I can think of right now.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

--