[recommenders-dev] GSoC 2014: Weekly status reports

Hi GSoC students,

first of all, congratulations for getting your project proposals
accepted. It looks like there are again a couple of very exciting
projects being worked on under the Eclipse Code Recommenders umbrella. :-)

To keep everyone interested in Code Recommenders informed about your
project's progress, we would kindly ask you to send a weekly status
report to *both* recommenders-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx and soc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,
once the Coding period has officially started.

These weekly reports have served us well last year. In particular, they
will give you the opportunity to gather valuable feedback from the
community.

As for the timing of these mails, please try to send them in every
Tuesday (From my experience, Tuesday is a good day where people have
some "leisure time" to actually read their mails. ;-)

To get the most out these reports, I recommend that you try to include
the following (if applicable):

- A *brief* description of the project, so new readers know what you are
talking about,

- a list of new features,

- one or two screenshots, because, as the saying goes, a picture says
more than a thousand words,

- a link to your project's head update, so anyone interested can try
things out straight-away (for example [1]),

- a link to the Bugzilla entries scheduled for the upcoming milestone
(for example [2]), so we see what's planned and how far the plan has
progressed,

- and any questions on which you seek feedback from the community.

Looking forward to your status reports.

Andreas

[1]
<http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders.incubator/snipmatch/updates/head/>