Re: [recommenders-dev] Snipmatch

Hi,

> We are a group of five students who are planning to work on the project
> stated on GSoC 2014 site for Snipmatch Sharing Infrastructure. as a part
> of our Software Engineering Lab. We are planning to add all the features
> as stated in the project, that is to make the tool work across multiple
> repositories and provide a UI for the same. We would like to know if
> there are any specifics about the project which are not listed on the
> site or if there are any other extensions that the project team has in
> mind which we can include as a part of our project.
>
> We are glad for any help that we can get in setting up the scope of the
> project and we look forward to contribute to it.

sorry for the late reply. I must confess I am a bit confused: Do you
want to participate in the Google Summer of Code as a (5 person) team?
As far as I know, Google only allows a single student to work on a
single project proposal, so teams are ruled out. (But better check their
FAQ; I may misremember things.)

That being said, if you need an Open Source project that you can work on
as a team so that your local university awards you credit for it, Code
Recommenders is certainly open to your contributions and might also
write a short evaluation letter, should your university require one.

I would suggest picking one of our "helpwanted" bugs [1] and announcing
that you will go about fixing it on this mailing list. We can then
provide you with further details on the chosen task.

Hope this helps.

Andreas

[1]
<https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&f1=keywords&list_id=8580091&o1=allwords&product=Recommenders&product=Recommenders.Incubator&query_format=advanced&v1=helpwanted>

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt