Re: [recommenders-dev] [Snipmatch]Maven errors while building Snipmatch from source

yea thanks !
may be I need to study more about Maven.
I'll come back to it later.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

have a look at this change [1]. It shows you how you can create a local
mirror of all the artifacts in the target platform. The upside is that
your build gets faster (about 30 seconds on my machine) as it doesn't
ask the remote server for the latest artifacts but the downside (beside
having to manually maintain the list of mirrors in your
~/.m2/settings.xml) is that the mirrored repo is about 860 MB large. So,
this is not an option for low bandwidth Internet connections, only high
latency ones.

Anyway, what you may want to try after the initial build succeeds is to
add "-offline" to you "mvn" command line. As far as I can see, this also
saves you the superfluous network roundtrips.

So, maybe try "-offline" first and see whether that helps (after the
build succeeded once). Let me know if you are having further problems.

Andreas

[1] <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/20379/>

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)