Re: [recommenders-dev] Need help to collect completion proposals made by code recommenders programetically

Hi Muhammad,

> Thanks much for the reply. So, if I am checking for the method call
> for swing/awt/io framework, I should use this one:
> jre-1.0.0-20131027.110325-4-call.zip; Am I right?

Yes.

> I am also little bit
> curious about the difference between overd (such as
> jre-1.0.0-20131026.075223-1-ovrd.zip), overdp, and also selfc
> (particularly this one). Can you explain a little bit about them. What
> I understand is that Code Recommenders categorizes models (for
> recommending method call or recommending what method need to be
> override).

Right. Code Recommenders supports different kinds of recommendation
models. What kinds are available for what framework you can easily see
in the "Model Repositories" view [1].

If you want to know who uses what model, it's easiest to look at the
source code itself. Have a look at o.e.r.utils.Constants.CLASS_*_MODEL
and do a search for references to them in your workspace. That way it is
easy to find out that selfc/selfm are (only) used by the
SelfCallsProvider from the o.e.r.apidocs.rcp bundle; in other words,
they are used for generating API documentation, not during code
completion. In contrast, ovrm models are used during code completion,
when Code Recommenders recommends which method to override.

BTW, most of the model ZIPs contain just plain (text) JSON files, so why
don't you have a look at the information that's stored therein. Just
unpack the model ZIP file (if Code Recommenders already downloaded the
ZIP, you can find them below your workspace's .recommenders/repository
directory) and look around. I think the file format is pretty
self-explanatory -- but if not, please ask.

> If possible, could you please let me know the number of
> examples/number of usage samples used to build the method call model
> for the following frameworks:
> javax.swing;
> java.awt;
> java.io.
> org.eclipse.swt.

I'll try to come up with these numbers later.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://www.eclipse.org/recommenders/manual/#model-repositories-view>

--