[recommenders-dev] Jayes - deprecated API

Hi,
i would like to get rid of some of the deprecated API in Jayes in the near future. But before doing so, i would like to know if Jayes clients still use those parts of the API. If your code will break if one of the following parts of the API gets removed, please shout. Otherwise, I may or may not remove those in the future.

The following elements are currently deprecated and likely candidates for removal:

BayesNet.addNode(BayesNode)
BayesNode.BayesNode(String)
BayesNode.setId(int)
IBayesInferer     -- is replaced by IBayesInferrer
AbstractInferer    -- is replaced by AbstractInferrer
BayesNode.marginalize(Map<BayesNode,String>)
ISampler.setBN(BayesNet)
BasicSampler.setBN(BayesNet)
AbstractFactor.marginalizeAllBut(int)

The following are not marked deprecated but still provide API that i would like to get rid of (i may mark those as deprecated soon):

XDSLReader.setLegacyMode(boolean) / isLegacyMode()
XMLBIFReader.setLegacyMode(boolean) / isLegacyMode()

This would drop the support for reading files that were created using Jayes 1.0.0 API, when BayesNets had no names. Let me know if, for some reason, you still need this support.

ModuloCache may also disappear together with AbstractFactor.marginalizeAllBut(int), but is useful enough to have it stick around a little longer. If you use this class, please let me know as well.

Thanks,

  --Michael

Back to the top