Re: [recommenders-dev] [models] identification of nested jars

Hi,

> I still like the approach. Especially because it does not need much
> new code and fixes the issue I had quite well.

Marcel, which approach do you mean (not quite clear from context): The
NestedJarProjectCoordinateAdvisor or the newer one with the
repo-retrievable mappings file?

> Regarding notifications: We’d need an rcp-aware wrapper around the
> advisor that listens and responds to that event. It may make the user
> aware that there is now a conflict when a new file was downloaded
> that maps an existing element to another coordinate. Without thinking
> about it in all details, that solution sounds reasonable to me and
> worth looking into.

An RCP-aware wrapper would definitely be needed to respond to any
changes in the repository configuration (FWIW, this would also be needed
for the two advisors which depend on the fingerprint/Bundle-SymbolicName
index stored in repo).

Anyways, as it becomes more and more obvious that coordinate suggestions
may change over time, the user needs at least a way to trigger
re-identification of all previously identified dependencies. For the
above advisors, re-identification could be triggered automatically, but
for others like the MavenPomXmlAdvisor there is no way to be notified of
any change to a project's pom.xml file that may affect its
project-coordinate identification.

Maybe the RCP-aware wrapper Marcel suggested above could simply prompt
the user that re-identification may be needed and offer to trigger it?
More implicit triggering and events may just complicate things too much
at the moment.

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)