[recommenders-dev] Code Recommenders 2.0.1 available

Hi recommenders-dev,

we just released Code Recommenders 2.0.1 [1,2]. This is mostly a
maintenance release to be shipped with Luna M3.

What's new?

- Code Recommenders should now work smoothly with the recent m2e 1.5
milestone. (If not, please file a bug.)

- The 2.0.1 release also includes some under the hood changes that make
the upcoming transition to a more space-efficient format for our
Bayesian networks run smoothly. Thanks to Michael for implementing much
of this.

- Other under-the-hood changes concern the way we identify your
dependencies, i.e., with heuristics called advisors. In the future you
well be able to fine-tune these advisors to your needs to better resolve
situations where your dependencies' metadata sends conflicting signals.

Another change might be of interest to everyone working on a Code
Recommenders incubator project (i.e., the GSoC students):

- We published new parent POMs (version 2.0.1), which makes uses of the
new Tycho 0.19. This alone should improve build time quite a bit as
target platform resolution is faster. Moreover, we don't enable the
xtend-maven-plugin by default anymore but only in projects actually
using Xtend. This also saves some time, but may make (if you use Xtend)
make minor changes necessary when you switch to the 2.0.1 parent POMs.
See this change [3] for what to do.

And as always: Please install the latest milestone and use it in your
daily job and report any issues you may experience.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable/>
[2] <http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/milestones/>