Re: [recommenders-dev] [snipmatch] Xtext configuration help needed

Hi Fabian,

> I think the most straightforward solution is to add the de.itemis.xtext.antlr feature to the target, which avoids the download of the ANTLR jar altogether:
>
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/16504/6..7/targets/luna/luna.target

thanks, that did the trick. So the explicit Antlr download is really
just a fallback in case people forget including Antlr in their target
feature?! A bit counterintuitive, IMHO, but just adding the feature to
the target platform is a nice and simple solution. :-)

> The workflow fails though, but I get the same errors locally with a working download, so that seems to be a separate issue (progress! :-).

Yes.

@Stefan: Can you try to make sense of the error messages? [1]
Fortunately, the build errors are quite verbose, so it hopefully isn't
to hard to figure out what's going wrong.

BTW, one possible reason might be that we (in the o.e.r parent POM)
configured the xtend-maven-plugin to search for Xtend sources in
target/generated-sources/xtend (following in general Maven convention)
rather than src-gen; this requires less special casing in the POMs, but
may require one or two tweaks in your workflow.

Hope this helps.

Andreas

[1]
<https://hudson.eclipse.org/recommenders/job/snipmatch.gerrit.master/36/console>