[recommenders-dev] Recommenders 2.0 M2 available

Hi recommenders-dev,

the 2nd Milestone is available on the milestones update site [1]. Please give it a spin and check wether your code still runs with the latest changes. Unfortunately, I didn't had the time to create release notes yet.

For users: there are not many visible changes. Most changes affected the views which now support downloading models in advance, search, instant ui updates, and better progress reporting. We also support switching model repositories at runtime w/o restart.

A big improvement  is a whole new set of recommendation models for java*, javax.*, and org.eclipse.* The models are created on the EclipseSource Yoxos repository - many thanks for their support! We are curious whether you see changes in your recommendations.

For API extenders: There were significant  changes in the models API. Code Recommenders Models API now assumes that models in the remote repository are deployed as "snapshots" rather than releases to allow more frequent updates. The new API uses to a large extent functionality of Aether library (curently Sonatype as there is yet no release of the Eclipse version) like caching lookup results for some time, dealing with failures etc.

The documentation on this is not yet finished. This is probably something we should schedule soon for next week, Andreas :-)

As always: Please install the latest milestone and use it in your daily job and report any issues you may experience

Best,
Marcel

Back to the top