[recommenders-dev] EclipseCon 2013 Talk got accepted - GSOCs demos

Hi recommenders-dev,

I'm happy to announce that "Eclipse goes crowd! With Code Recommenders 2.0 into the future of collaborating teams" got accepted for this year's Eclipsecon [1].

For that talk, we have three to four core features we'd like to present:

1. hippie completion
2. snipmatch
3. recommenders in javadoc
4. developer stats

All features should have a clear link to crowd-sourcing. Hippie completion, per se, is crowd-sourcing. For snipmatch, we need to set up a portal that allows developers to upload and rate snippets - and to download them on the eclipse ide side. For Javadoc, it would be nice, if we had a rating system for these element too (similar to snippets - may share the same platform). For developer stats, I'd like to outline the possibilities when we would share the data what kind of new recommenders we could build.

This puts some pressure on building the crowd-sourcing features but there is still more than 6 weeks to build a basic portal around it :-)

I'll get in touch with you separately where needed.

Best,
Marcel

[1] http://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2013/eclipse-goes-crowd-code-recommenders-20-future-collaborating-teams

Back to the top