[recommenders-dev] [gsoc] Models API Weekly Report

Hi,

here is my report for this week:

What I had planned for this week:
(1) Polishing the UI and add some features to the views.
(2) Add the possiblity to clear the lokal repository and index.
(3) Ensure that the versions of ProjectCoordinates and ModelCoordinates have a valid format

What I have done this week:
I do some UI polishing: Beautify strings which are displayed to the user and ensure that in the remote repository url list the last element can't be removed (So always one entry must exist).

I also implemented the format check for ProjectCoordinate and ModelCoordinate.
Now it is ensured that all coordiantes have a valid format.
Therefor it is checked that:
- The coordinate parts like artifactId, groupId are non empty strings which contains only a-zA-Z and '.'.
- The version string has the format 'macro.minor.micro' whereat macro, minor and micro are numbers without leading zeros.
Since we get sometimes 'dirty' verson strings (e.g. containing suffixes like "-SNAPSHOT" or missing minor or micro version numbers) I provide some helper methods which try to convert these 'dirty' version strings to valid and meaningful ones.

I also started to implement the clearing repository and index functionality which is somehow more complicated than I expected and I didn't finish the task yet. I had some troubles deleting the unpacked index because someone seems to hold an open link to it which blocks the deletion. But I think this task will be done during the next week.

What I have planned for the next week:
- Finish the implementation of the clear repository and index functionality.
- Some UI polishing tasks.
- Modify the Dependency Overview View to use also the 'refresh' concept.

Regards,

Olav

Back to the top