Re: [recommenders-dev] [GSoC 2013] SnipMatch Weekly Report

Hi Stefan,

On Aug 28, 2013, at 6:05 AM, stefan.prisca@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

Marcel, I’ve managed to correct some of the issues you pointed out. Some of them were because elements needed to be inside classes to be recognized. For example, this was the reason why imports were marked as unused and code completion did not work on variables.

Okay. I think I get why it failed then.

I extended “element recognition” to the file level, but at the moment there is a downside to this. All variables that are used need to be Jvm Identifiable Elements, therefor need to be declared somewhere such that the editor will recognize them, and this does not happen with snippet parameters.

I need  to play with this a bit to fully understand. Can you tell me which snippets I should look at/study to learn about the implications?

I tested the editor on Madhuranga’s snippets(they look good btw 😊), but, as mentioned above, it has problems caused by snippets parameter, as these are not declared, therefor are not recognized by the editor.
I will try to fix this by creating some other classes, inside the External Snippets project, which will contain the declarations for the parameters. This should give the editor enough information to recognize them.

The repository does not contain any update yet, right? So I'll wait until there is something to see and test :-)

I do have a question regarding imports. Should they be at the end of the file(as in Madhuranga’s snippets) or at the beginning?

I think in JFace template language, they can be anywhere. So it would be great if your editor would support this too. But in general I'd say it would be an acceptable limitation if they can only appear in the beginning of the snippet.

>I guess, it's time to merge your two projects soon and create the next edition of Snipmatch. How >about targeting the merge work ~ for the 2nd week of September?

In my opinion, it sounds good 😊

Then let's get the snippet editor a polishing update and then go for a merge. Can you please make sure that your editor works well with all of Madhuranga's snippets? I'll be away next week and can't provide feedback but would be glad if you could take lead on this so that we can start merging both in two weeks.

Thanks
Marcel

Back to the top