Re: [recommenders-dev] CodeSearch Incubator - Progress

Hi Kavith,

> Well that's about my plan, and I am pleased to hear your suggestions and
> guidance. :)

I am currently trying to make this project to build on our very own
Hudson instance [1]. The first step is available in Gerrit [2].

Kavith, can you please

1) confirm that the following works for you: Clone the o.e.r repository
and run *once* "mvn clean install". Thereafter, you should be able to
build this change by "mvn clean verify
-Dcheckstyle.failOnViolation=false -Dlicense.failIfMissing=false"

2) rebase your changes already in Gerrit onto this change set?

3) make sure that there are no Checkstyle violations, i.e., you
   don't need the -Dcheckstyle.failOnViolation=false anymore.

As you can see, the change [2] follows the org.eclipse.recommenders
directory structure, so please move respect this in your rebased
changes. (Git should be smart enough to realize that files have been
moved around and merge accordingly).

One this is done and your rebased changes also can be build with Maven,
we can try to get the build job on Hudson working and also
automatically publish a p2 update site, so others can try easily out the
code-search plugin.

If you have any problems with the Maven-based build, please e-mail me.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://hudson.eclipse.org/recommenders/>
[2] <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/15779/>