Re: [recommenders-dev] [gsoc] Models API Weekly Report

Hi Olav,

> I improved the ProjectDependencyView. I added the refresh button and a
> menu which provides filters to find interessting dependencies faster
> (e.g. dependencies which are not mapped to a ProjectCoordinate).

very cool/useful.

Two comments on how to improve the UI even further:

- Could you model the "filter" functionality a bit more after the "Show
..." functionality? In terms of wording "Show conflicting coordinates"
is clearer than "Filter unclear coordinates". Not only does conflicting
better describe what the problem is, but "show" makes it clear that the
filtering determines what will be shown rather than what will not be
shown. So: "Show all", "Show only conflicting coordinates", "Show only
missing coordinates", "Show only manually assigned coordinates".

The "only" could be removed later if you move even further in the
direction of "Show ...", i.e., if "show conflicting coordinates" and
"show manually assigned coordinates" could be enabled at the same time.
BTW, with a slight reinterpretation of "missing" to mean "not
automatically identified" you could then do things like "show manually
assigned coordinates which could not be automatically assigned" (as
opposed to "show manually assigned coordinates for which the automatism
yielded conflicting coordinates"). Both a useful questions, IMHO.

- Could you distinguish between "n/a" (advisor cannot handle that
dependency type) and "unknown" (advisor couldn't find a project
coordinate) in the tooltip?

Best wishes,

Andreas
--