Re: [recommenders-dev] Weekly GSOC status reports

Hi Patrick,

> I'm sorry, I've totally forgotten my weekly report this time. You didn't
> miss anything, my apologies!
>
> *What I had planned for this week*:
> - Major refactorings in core classes (especially the cli application)
> - Pretty print of overrides taglet
> - Start a calls taglet
>
> *What I have done this week*:
>
> - Refactorings are done, I'm quite happy now with the main code base,
> its easier to maintain and debug.

OK, I'll do a review in the next few days.

> - The overrides taglet output is now more clearly, check out the resuts.

Could you post an update to your LiveDoc site [1]. Apparently, it still
serves the old taglet's output. At least, I couldn't see a change.

> - Started using the headless api for a calls taglet plugin
> - Using of the o.e.r.utils.Names 'api' (src2vm name conversion etc. I've
> actually got some ideas on this and found some bugs, especially in
> combination with the headless api for release 2.0. Can we discuss this
> on a bugtracker entry?)

Sure. You know where our bugtracker is, do you? (Hint: [2] ;-)

> - Re-enable the maven built, so CLI is working fine again with the new
> dependencies (thx to Andreas!)
>
> *What I have planned for the next week*:
>
> Indeed, this time I need a prioritization from you, whether I should
> spend some more time on the overrides taglet, or develop the calls
> taglet or maybe we should start talking about an api for using livedoc
> as a headless osgi bundle. Or s.th. entirely else? I'd like to talk
> about this on wednesday in the office (yes, I will hobble to you guys ;) )

OK, here's my current train of thought:

- There are three types of override model (ovrd, ovrp, ovrm) so clearly
your Doclet hasn't been the last word on overriding.

- I would also like to see a proof of concept that you can, with your
Doclet API, add information to all the places where it makes sense: At
class level, method level, and maybe even aggregated results at package
level.

- So, explore overriding some more. It doesn't have to go all into a
single Doclet, so there's no risk to overwhelm a user with *more* than
you could possibly want to know about overrides.

But we can talk about this some more on Wednesday.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <http://livedoc.gottschaemmer.net/>
[2]