[recommenders-dev] Release Plan for Code Recommenders 2.0

Hi recommenders-dev,

I finally found the time and assembled a first draft of a release plan for 2.0 in the Eclipse portal.

The important cornerstones:

* The release is currently planned for EclipseCon Europe (28.10) - yes, less than 3 months from now.
* There will likely be a 2.1 and 2.2 release before Eclipse Luna
* Main focus for 2.0 is the headless API
* The GSOCs (work on snipmatch, javadoc, developer activities, and models) are already part of that plan for 2.0.

Read more about it here:

FWIW, the release plan is not very detailed yet but I'm a bit reluctant to make it much more detailed. I'd like to spent more time on creating examples and API documentation of what's already there than on providing a detailed plan. Nevertheless, please let me know if you have any comments, would like to know more about s/t, or would like to see more work on other areas.

If no severe issues come up, I'd like to go live with the plan by the end of this week (say, Friday noon).

Best,
Marcel

Back to the top