[recommenders-dev] [gsoc] Models API Weekly Report

Hi,

here is my report for this week:

What I had planned for this week:
(1) Modify the existing ManifestStrategy so it can be used for projects too.
(2) Implement a strategy to identify projects based on the information in the pom.xml files.
(3) Implement a new view which shows the dependencies and corresponding models for each project in the workspace.

What I have done this week:
I finished the modification of the ManifestStrategy which can also be used for Projects now (1).
Also I implemented a new Strategy (MavenPomXmlStrategy) which bases on the pom.xml files inclusive tests (2).
Beside of this I provide some bug fixes for bugs which are detected during the usage the new api and views.
Furthermore I started with the implementation of the new view (3) this week. At the moment the view looks like this:

It provides information about the projects in the workspace and which dependencies exists in them.
For each dependency the ProjectCoordinate (if one exists) is shown.
Futhermore a part of the Model Coordinate is displayed as well as for the different model types the currently used versions.
The view looks nice but I still have to do a lot of refactorings in the background, because the view is at the moment much to slow.

What I have planned for the next week:
- Do some refactorings in the view classes to be able to reuse some code (e.g. sorting functionality).
- Finish the implementation of the new view (3).
- Do some improvements to the DependencyIdentificationView (Provide a refresh button, and filter functionalities)

Regards,

Olav

Back to the top