[recommenders-dev] SnipEditor & SnipMatch snippet syntax

Hi everyone,

I had a look at the current status of Stefan's SnipEditor today. As Stefan's edotpr is going to produce the data consumed by Madhuranga's SnipMatch, we need to make sure that both use the same syntax.

Madhuranga previously had some trouble getting import statements to work, especially when using the old SnipMatch syntax. i. e. ${import(java.io.File)}
We've been able to solve that by using the SWT template syntax, which is slightly different: ${imp:import(java.io.File)}
There are other key differences as well.

Stefan: What syntax are you currently supporting? Are you planning to support the SWT template syntax?

The SWT template syntax has the advantage, that inserting these snippets is not too hard, as existing Eclipse logic can be used.

I hope, that Madhuranga and Stefan can get on the same page on this. Any other feedback is welcome as well.

bye
Johannes
--
Johannes Dorn