Re: [recommenders-dev] Bug Reports for Livedoc + Example Usage

Hi Patrick,

when trying to execute this on my Mac i get the following error:

Alert
The Livedoc executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.

It doesn't matter which(if any) parameters i use.

bye
Johannes

Patrick Gottschaemmer schrieb:
Hi Recommenders,

some people had problems to find the right arguments for the livedoc, so here's an example usage which (should) work:

./livedoc org.sonatype.aether:aether-util:1.13.1 -r http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/

This will download and javadoc the specified maven artifact, but don't save the result to a folder on your hard drive (a 'dry-run' if you want so).
For an output to the current directory (where javadoc executable is located) type:

./livedoc org.sonatype.aether:aether-util:1.13.1 -r http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ -d .

is  this command line supposed to work?

./livedoc com.google.guava:guava:14.0.1 -r http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/

Yeah, it schould work.
However, this seems to be a javadoc specific error to me. Maybe the Guava guys messed something up with their director structure, I'll have a look into this.

Caveat:

Currently, the first run of Livedoc will take a while (~2 minutes, depending on your internet connection and java computing time), since fetching and extracting the maven central index takes its toll.

I'll try to speed up things a little bit or at least implement a proper 'Console Progress Monitor', similiar to wget.
Is there maybe something pre-implemented for Eclipse console applications?

Best regards
Patrick

Johannes Dorn

Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)