[recommenders-dev] [GSOC 2013] LiveDoc Weekly Report

Hi,

here is my GSOC project update for this week:

What I had planned for this week:
(1) Finish loading of custom taglets for javadoc
(2) provide an extension point for taglet plugins (e.g. for an overrides taglet plugin which uses the headless overrides provider api by o.e.r.)
(3) start implementing the first o.e.r. taglet (i.e. overrides)

What I have done this week:
(1) and (2) are finished, loading custom taglets from plug-ins via the extension point 'org.eclipse.recommenders.livedoc.taglets' works just fine.
Furthermore, we have no more classloading issues. We even could get rid of buddy classloading and are now osgi compatible again.

(3) is my current task.

What I have planned for the next week:
Implement the 'overrides' taglet, maybe start on a 'calls' taglet

Current issues:
I'm trying to get comfortable with the headless model provider api at the moment, especially the SingleZipOverrideModelProvider at which Marcel pointed me.
However, for instantiating, i need a file with models, obtained by the repo http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/models/kepler/ (<-- default case)

I can't download this file with aether (since aether requires a groupID:artifactID identifier, which I haven't at this point), so how can I get this file?

Besides that, one step later for acquireModel(IBasedName<ITypeName> key) i'll need a ITypeName (which represents afaik a java class).
But imo this is the wrong type of granularity, at least for overrides recommendations. Actually I want overrides for packages, not classes.
E.g. for org.eclipse.jface.viewers:

Most frequently overwritten classes in org.eclipse.jface.viewers:

Best Regards
Patrick

Back to the top